E-mail notifications

Questions about the site? Having trouble? Post here.

E-mail notifications

Postby Ripcord » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:42 am

Are e-mail notifications, of new topics/replies, possible on this forum?
I've looked through the User Control Panel but did not find anything that appeared relative.
Ripcord

Re: E-mail notifications

Postby madmattd » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 am

Rip, I believe so (at least for replies to a thread) but I also don't see the option. Let me do some digging and I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: OK, it's actually very easy. If you go to the full reply editor (click "post reply" or "quote" instead of using the quick reply box), you get a set of options at the bottom of the posting box. One is "Notify me when a reply is posted". Check that, and you should get an email when a reply comes in. Generally you will only get one email about a reply until you view the thread again while logged in. Then it will send another notification email, and so on. There is also a box to "unsubscribe" if you want to stop getting emails about replies to that thread (it will only appear if you have previously opted into the email notification).

This will work whether you started the thread or merely replied in one that someone else started.

There is also a User Option to automatically notify you of replies in the User Control Panel: User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit Posting Defaults -> Notify me upon replies by default. As it suggests, this will automatically check the box anytime you make a reply.
madmattd

Re: E-mail notifications

Postby Ripcord » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Great! Thanks Matt, just the answer I was looking for.
Ripcord

Return to Administrative/Site Issues